Welcome back to another episode of the Rational Reminder Podcast. Our goal this year is to find our podcasting rhythm, creating a schedule that alternates between guests and these conversational episodes where it’s just us.
On today’s episode we want to pull the focus of the podcast back to answering a handful of client questions that have come up in the past little while.
So on today’s episode we are jumping right in to answer those listener questions, getting back on the factor train, and trying to get to the root of the desire for face-to-face investment advice. We also talk about a few articles as well, including some of the biggest headlines in investment news, and why it it critical to not only save for but also make plans to fulfill the vision of your retirement. So for another insightful episode answering all of your questions, stay tuned!
Key Points From This Episode:
• Discussing recent stand-out investment articles. [0:03:12.0]
• Unpacking the debate between active and passive investment management. [0:07:11.0]
• Why using factors is not another flavor of active management. [0:10:43.0]
• Understanding market caps surrounding factors. [0:14:41.0]
• Evaluating the worth of a stock that has not dividends or profit sharing. [0:16:46.0]
• Planning for retirement, or not retiring at all: the retirement trends of today. [0:19:53.0]
• Wealthsimple’s premium advice option: the value of dealing face-to-face [0:23:44.0]
• The lost Bitcoin wallets crisis; understanding centralized versus decentralized [0:30:44.0]
• And much more!