In Episode 8 of the Rational Reminder podcast we discussed the following:
- Fidelity’s 0% MER index funds are already at $1 billion
- When costs are 0%, how do you pick a fund?
- Indexing is not a passive investment strategy
- Index construction and product implementation > low fees
- A three factor regression on the Manulife Multifactor ETFs
- Indexing is still a tiny part of the market
- Not all factors belong in a portfolio
- Dividend investing shouldn’t be so controversial
- Dividends are not a spending rule
- Financial experts don’t sound like experts to non-experts
- Sell everything!
The stories we talked about:
- Fidelity Zero-Fee Funds Lure About $1 Billion in First Month
- Infographic: Three myths related to indexing
- What Does it Mean to be a Financial Expert?
The charts we talked about: