In our first ever episode of the Rational Reminder podcast we discussed the following:
- The purpose of the podcast
- How we invest
- Factor investing
- Our worst investment ever
- Tripling our money in JDS
- Hedge funds still can’t beat the market
- CSA won’t deploy a statutory best interest standard
- The cheapest financial advice may not be the best
- Is a financial advisor worth it?
- Cost vs. complexity
The stories we talked about:
- Dave Butler Discusses Finance and Basketball
- Hedge Funds Should Be Thriving Right Now. They Aren’t.
- 2017 NACUBO-COMMONFUND STUDY OF ENDOWMENTS
- It just became clear we’ll never see an investment industry where clients must come first
- Why hiring an adviser who’s offering low fees could be a terrible move for your finances
- Podcast 18: Boots on the Ground with Rob Carrick
- Millennial looking to start investing asks: Should I go with Wealthsimple?